What information we collect and how do we use it?
We may request at times that you voluntarily supply us with personal information; this may include sensitive personal information. Generally this information is requested when you apply for our products and/or services. Information may be gathered and used in the following ways:
- Your personal information and information we obtain from other sources will be used to deal with your enquiries, customer services and administration, considering and processing your application for our products/services. We will also use your information for marketing, credit searches and to ensure that the content, services and advertising that we offer are tailored to meet your needs and interests. We may share your personal information with potential lenders, service providers, insurers and agents for these purposes.
- When assessing your application for credit, to prevent fraud and to check your identity and to prevent money laundering we may (i) search the files of credit reference agencies (Equifax and Experian or any other credit reference agency we may use from time to time.) who will record any credit searches on your file; (ii) We may check your details with CIFAS (or any other fraud prevention agency from time to time) and (iii) we may disclose details of how you conduct your account to such agencies. Your personal information will be used by other credit grantors for making credit decisions about yourself and people you may be financially associated with, for money laundering prevention, fraud prevention and occasionally for tracing debtors.
- Information used for these purposes will include publicly available information such as, county court judgments, bankruptcy orders, repossessions and electoral roll status. Information you provided us with and information we collected from other sources will also be passed on to potential lenders and insurers.
- We may ask credit reference agencies to provide a credit scoring computation. Credit scoring assesses a number of factors to work out what risks are involved in any application. A score is given to each factor and a total score is then obtained. Where automatic credit scoring computations are used, acceptance or rejection of your application will not depend solely on the results of the credit scoring process.
- If your application is declined by all of our lenders, your personal data and information may be passed over to a 3rd party lender for consideration for an alternative financial product. The 3rd party may carry out additional checks and credit reference searches against you.
- Personal data may be disclosed in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Our aim is to continue improving the content and function of our Website. Therefore we may monitor customer traffic patterns and Website usage to help us improve the design and layout of our Website and provide content which we think will be of interest to you.
- Your personal information may be kept for a reasonable period for these purposes.
When submitting your personal information to us you are consenting to us processing your personal information for the above purposes. You are also consenting to us transferring your information to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK where necessary for the above purposes. If such a transfer is made, we will, where appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure your personal information is protected.
Cookies do a number of different jobs such as remembering your preferences and chosen items, assisting you to improve your site experience as well as trying to ensure that the adverts or offers you see online are more relevant to you.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
The cookies we use are essential in order to enable you to move through the Website and use its features. For those types of cookies that are strictly necessary no consent is required.
How do we use your information for marketing?
Your information may be shared with our business partners for marketing purposes or we may send your information regarding other organisations’ goods and services. We may contact you by mail, telephone, fax, email, text messaging or other electronic messaging service with offers of products, services or information that may be of interest to you. By providing us with your contact details you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us or our business partners other than on the goods and/or services which you have requested information about please indicate this when submitting your personal information or contact us using the details below.
How do we protect your information?
We take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
You should note that if our business (or any part of it) is sold or transferred at any time, the information we hold may form part of the assets transferred although your personal information will still only be used in accordance with this policy. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from this policy at any time so you are encouraged to review this policy from time to time. We will, of course, notify you of any changes where we are required to do so. You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. For quality control and training purposes, we may monitor or record your communications with us.